Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Teenage Sex

I may not have much room to talk on this subject, considering I'm only almost 14, but I would still like to place my opinion out there. In my personal opinion, I do not believe in teenage pregnancy. I don't understand why teenagers want to get pregnant or have unprotected sex. They may not want to get pregnant, but sometimes, it will seem like it to someone else. If you didn't take necessary precautions, you will look like you wanted to get pregnant, or you didn't care about getting pregnant or getting a disease. This won't all be about pregnancy, but it is one of my main focuses for this topic. Teenage girls are in my school right now, getting pregnant at extremely young ages. A girl who was in my class last year had a baby right before 8th grade started. That means that she had sex at age 12/13. Not to mention, the baby daddy was 17 or 18 years old, so her father charged him with statitory rape. So, she risked her well being, her innocence, her whole life for one moment of pleasure. I don't agree with it. I don't understand why she needed sex at such an early age, I don't understand why she didn't seem to care when she had the child, and I especially don't understand why people now tell her that she is extremely responsible. I guess if she was taking care of the baby on her own and her baby daddy wasn't so much older than her, I could call her responsible. But he IS a lot older, she ISN'T taking care of her baby, and she DID have sex at a young age. Her mother is currently caring for the girl's baby for her. Her mother is currently paying for her baby's clothing, food, etc., and also paying for her own 2 kids education, food, clothing, extracurricular activities, etc. I would tell the mom that SHE was the responsible one. The birthmother of the child acts like and older sister to the child, acts like she has no pride, I mean, for crying out loud, she calls herself a MILF and proud! In my opinion, I don't find that appropriate, considering she isn't acting like a mother, so she should not be able to use the term mother. Who do you think paid for that baby's hospital bill, carseat, clothes, baby food, crib, baby carriage, etc.? The so-called "MILF's" mother did. But nobody really gives her credit for that.

I could probably rant forever about teenage pregnancy alone, but I'm going to cut it short and start a new sexual topic that teenagers face, disease. I, for one, being a teenager myself, do not understand anything about a teenager's (other than myself's) decision making. I don't understand any of it. I guess I consider myself a miracle. I don't have the desire to have sex at such a young age, or even until i get out of high school/halfway through college(at least), if I am taking such risks. If i ever do plan to have sex, my sexual partner will be tested and protected. I guess I don't understand why teenagers take such high risks just to be intimately involved. We could get life threatening diseases, such as, HIV, AIDS, gonnorhea, herpes, chlamydia, etc. But nobody really seems to care besides people like me. Trust me, we are hard to come by nowadays. Sex is broadcasted as safe, happy, invigorating, and wonderful on TV, movies, commercials, and radio. But everyone knows, or should know by the time they are sexually active, all of the many risks that come with the one moment of happiness. Unless you can be positive that you are settled down enough to handle the possibility of a child, or unless you can be sure that your partner has no life threatening STD, I don't know why people want to have sex.

I guess that is my main opinion on the matter, although I could go on for hours at a time, but I'll spare your tired eyes! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

ta ta for now(:

2 comments: